Thursday, July 24, 2014

Melon Paleta

One time I rode my bike to the west coast but I can't imagine riding the Banana Bike that far; it is too heavy!  So since I can only bring fresh frozen treats to my neighborhood I thought it would be nice to share with everyone else.

This is one of my favorite treats.  One 4oz. bar has half of your vitamin A and vitamin C!  They taste so delicious on a hot day and are super hydrating.  Once a man in Whetstone Park bought one and took a bite and then said give me three more! 


1 large sized ripe cantaloupe (Organic if possible) with seeds removed and chopped up to fit in a blender
1  Organic ripe banana
2 pinches of sea salt

Combine all ingredients in blender and blend until smooth.  Pour mixture in molds and freeze a minimum of 6 hours until set.  Enjoy with friends and family on hot Summer days!

This tastes so fresh and reminds me of summer as a kid without any funny ingredients you can't pronounce.  Instead of High fructose corn syrup and food colorings it is loaded with vitamins, potassium and minerals.  Instead of a sugar crash it hydrates you and gives your body sustainable energy! Hooray for nutrition!


No comments:

Post a Comment